Thursday, December 27, 2012

Tifton Christmas: Sunday and Monday

When we woke up on Sunday morning we headed straight to Grandmama and Granddaddy's house. We'd originally planned to do Christmas with them on Monday but then decided it would be easier for us to get back to church on Christmas Eve if we did it Sunday morning instead. Never fear, our Christmas Eve plans were thwarted anyway!

The boys thoroughly enjoyed seeing all that Grandmama and Granddaddy had gotten for them. Rotten little things. Will got a scooter, a train, and various other fun things and James racked up with lawn "tools" and playdough. His favorite things! ;) Eddie and I got lots of fun goodies as well.

Look at all those gifts! Almost as tall as he is! 

 Will got a little scooter and immediately knew how to ride!

But James needed to help, too.

One of the traditions at Eddie's parents' house is to get scratch-off lottery tickets. We usually win a few dollars and another ticket or two. Well, lo and behold - I won $500 this year! Yowza! I could not believe it. I never win anything! Merry Christmas to me!

James decided he wanted to get in on the scratch-offs after that!

Later, Nancy and Caylor came by and had lunch with us. James has been asking me to help him throw and catch with his baseball glove so I quickly sent him out for lessons with Coach Nancy. Apparently, we have another ambidextrous person in our family. He seems to favor throwing with his right arm and batting left-handed.

After naps and showers we were off for a few Christmas parties!

First stop was the Perry's for Dinner Club. Shelley made spaghetti and meatballs and they were GREAT. James had the time of his life playing with all the "big kids." 

Later, I scooted off to the Bowers' house for the 12th annual high school girls' Christmas dinner and arrived in time for dessert!

Since last year we've had two get married, one get engaged, two of us had babies, and one is expecting! Can't wait to see what 2013 brings! I love doing this every year!

Sunday night was phenomenal. I'm using sarcasm font. When I got home at 11:30 Will was asleep and I climbed into bed with a headache and sore throat. I'd had fun out but I was starting to feel pretty yuck. Between 1 and 6:45 Will woke up every. single. hour and needed to eat. NEEDED to eat. Ha. At 6:45 I woke Eddie up and told him he needed to do something with his baby. And then I slept for 2.5 hours after that. When I finally stumbled out of bed I felt like I'd been run over. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck. My face was swollen and I self-diagnosed a sinus infection. It's been pretty awesome, boys and girls. Because I wasn't feeling well I moped around Mom's house until the last possible second and then we went to the Freshes' for lunch.

We still needed showers and the boys needed baths before church so we struck out to head home around 1:30. As we pulled onto the interstate it occurred to us that Will wouldn't be allowed in the nursery since he was still sick. Doh. James was absolutely HEART BROKEN because we'd told him he could go to big church with us. He was pitiful. But we knew that Will wouldn't last in big church so we just had to change plans. Booo hooo!

The boys were both exhausted and slept the whole way home. I think we could've driven two more hours and they would have slept. Ha! Christmas is exhausting!

More Christmas Eve fun to come!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I am stealing Eddie's fam's scratch off lotto ticket idea. Sounds like fun to me!! And I knew I liked James! Sports wise I have always done things with both...right footed in soccer but played on left side...gymnastics led with my left foot even though I am right handed and snowboarded goofy! And you know in college I took my notes with my left hand cause I thought left handed people looked cooler than right. I have serious weirdo problems!!!