Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Nothing Much...

It's 11:30 and I'm sitting in bed wide awake. Eddie has been asleep for at least half an hour. This isn't an unusual scene. He typically falls asleep well before I do. It may wind up being a late night for me, though. I took TWO naps today. One from about 9:30 to 11 and one from about 3 to 4:30. Both were fantastic, deep-sleep, wake up groggy kind of naps. The problem with those kinds of naps is that when I wake from them, I rarely get anything done for the rest of the day. So I didn't. I basically did nothing all day long.

Another reason it might be a long night for me is that The Boy has decided lately that he really, really likes to be awake at this time of night. And he doesn't just enjoy being awake and play quietly. Oh no. This is the time of day when he practices his break-dancing. He flips and flops and stretches and kicks and sometimes makes me wonder if he's trying to push his way out of me right then. Eddie had to talk to him tonight about not hurting me. And then I had to run to the bathroom for the 43,123rd time today. I have officially run out of room for this little man.

We are so excited to think that sometime in the next three weeks (two weeks? one week?) we will meet this little boy. I bought him a few Halloween books yesterday while I was at Target as well as a Curious George book and Eddie read some of them to him last night. One of the books was a Berenstain Bears book. Eddie said he read those when he was little. I forgot how much I like them. I hope The Boy likes books as much as we do. We could read all the time if we were able to. (However, that being said, I've gotten lazy about reading in the past few weeks. I blame it on the fact that I've been sucked into internet games as well as crime shows on TV. I really need something else to do during the day. Careful what I wish for, right?)

Maybe tomorrow will be more exciting and productive. The heater man is supposed to come and check to make sure the heater is working since we've cooled off lately. What's funny to me about this is that yesterday it wasn't much warmer than 60*. On Friday it's supposed to be around 90*. Gross.

You'll hear from me until we head to the hospital! No news should be good news in our case!

No comments: