Monday, April 30, 2012

Date Night, Partying, and More Ear Drama...

How is it Monday morning already? Will someone tell me how to slow time down? It's increased since Will was born. I can only imagine how quickly Michelle Duggar's life is flying by! Whew!

Here are a few pictures from April 19th that I neglected to post:

On Friday afternoon Cacky and Anna came to pick James up for a little spend-the-night party at Mom's house. James was SO excited. I was SO excited, too, because little boy had been in bed with me every night last week. The monsters were after him for a couple of days in a row and I was ready to strangle some monster throats! Those "stare-y" things need to stay out of my house!

After James left, Will and I carried on to After-School Bible School. It was the last day and there were cupcakes and a bouncy and plenty of wild little children running loose. So fun!

My plan was to leave church and head to Old Navy where I had a few hundred items to return. I called Eddie at about five minutes after five and discovered that he was WALKING IN THE DOOR TO MY HOUSE. Unheard of.  We usually don't see him until 6 or so. So I changed my plans and Will and I headed home to pick up Daddy so that he could go with us. He reluctantly left his lawn-mowing behind and we visited Tractor Supply, Target, and Old Navy before heading home. Oh! And we picked up a movie and pizza.

Eddie and I NEVER watch movies. He's not a movie-watcher. My ideal job would be to review movies. Okay, maybe not my TOP ideal job, but it's on the short list. I LOVE to go to the movies. Eddie does not. However, I purchased a Groupon a few months back for some Blockbuster Express rentals and we needed to use them up. We rented "Just Go With It," with Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston and we LOVED it. It was predictable, but so cute! So glad we chose that one. And then, with James gone and since we didn't have to do a bathtime/bedtime routine, we were asleep by 11:30. Early for us, folks.

Saturday morning we got up bright and early and headed to Tifton for a sweet friend's 5th birthday party. I cannot believe that child is five years old. GA had her party at the gymnastics place in Tifton, so I was eager to see what Mr. James would do. He's gotten to be a little bit hesitant about trying things out (as evidenced by the trip to Monkey Joe's) so I was concerned he wouldn't do anything. And for the most part...he didn't. He hated the foam pit but spent most of his time wandering around and looking in the mirrors and telling me he wanted " go in there!" Not another room, child...just a mirror. Finally, he worked up the nerve to walk up to the guy running the show and swing out on the rope over the foam pit. He did it one time, pronounced it "stare-y," and went on his merry little way! Ha! He also chose not to eat his strawberries during the party because he "wikes Cheetos more." Oh my goodness.

We spent the rest of the afternoon napping at Cacky's, visiting half of the Bargerons (James and Will stayed at Cacky's and we visited with the awake half of the Bargerons - Lori and JM were napping while we were there), and playing at Grandmama's house.

A little concert on the way home on Saturday evening.

Saturday and Sunday night, Will joined us in his high chair at the table. I thought there was going to be a throw-down over who got to sit in this high chair (which has been UNOCCUPIED in our kitchen for MONTHS and James hasn't said a word about it) but it was resolved quickly after it was mentioned that Will could sit right next to James.

On Sunday the big boys went to church and I tried to get our house back in order. It's a never-ending battle, isn't it? After the big boys came home and we had lunch, James took a FOUR HOUR NAP. I finally woke him up at 4:30 because I was worried he wouldn't sleep when it was time for bed. That has NEVER happened before. Someone was worn out! Eddie and I sat outside and read while both boys were asleep and I got a little fried. :) Apparently 25 minutes in the sun at 1pm is too much for my lily white skin. Whoops! The rest of the day was spent doing some laundry, some television watching, some grocery shopping, and some running.

I LOVE this boy's fuzzy hair! It makes me laugh!

Our week isn't *quite* as busy this week. I'm waiting on a callback from the doctor's office this morning. I'm certain we'll be going in for a possible ear infection. James is down to two-and-a-half weeks of schools. We're having dinner with a friend on Wednesday night. And Will has 3-month pictures on Thursday night. Not *quite* as busy as last week, but still a LOT to do! Thankful for the busyness, though!

No comments: