Thursday, August 1, 2013

Another Washout.

There's a little zoo about an hour away from us that I've wanted to take the boys to all summer and for one reason or another we've not been able to get there yet. Over the weekend, I decided that Tuesday was the day. We got Grandmama on board and decided we'd take a picnic. And then we got home on Monday night, gave Will a bath, and he couldn't warm up. And then we realized he was burning up with fever. 

Bless his pitiful little heart. We spent all day Tuesday moping around the house. He would perk up a little and play and then feel worn out and lay back down. He napped BEFORE eating lunch (if you know Will you know he doesn't miss a chance to eat!) for 3.5 hours. I finally fed him lunch at 3:30. He did perk up enough to eat supper at Grandmama and Granddaddy's but after his Tylenol wore off he was burning up and ready to go.

Wednesday he wasn't any better so I loaded him up and took him to the Quickcare place in town. Dr. L checked his ears, eyes, throat, tummy, etc., and couldn't find a thing wrong with him. She told me to make sure he drinks plenty and bring him back if he doesn't get better but that there was nothing she could do. He does have enlarged glands - and one has been swollen since June - but that alone didn't tell her much.

Last night in the middle of the night he woke me up crying so I scooped him up and put him in our bed where he flipped and flopped and moaned and groaned. I gave him more Tylenol - his temperature was 103* - and tried to settle him down. He threw up twice and then quieted down to sleep after about two hours of being up.

I'm planning to take Mr. Pitiful to our pediatrician tomorrow if I can. He's perked up a LOT this afternoon, but I still want to see Dr. W. before the weekend. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of the problem and set my mind at ease. (In case you were wondering, the thing NOT to do is Google "enlarged glands and fever in children.")

The zoo was a washout and between Will's illness and the funeral of a close friend this whole WEEK has been a washout, but we'll try it again when the boys and Grandmama have a  break from school and we can go.

No comments: