Monday, January 9, 2012

Weekend Update...

With just over five weeks to go - unless this boy comes early - we spent the weekend getting several projects finished up! James actually went with Mama from Albany to her her house on Thursday evening so Eddie and I had a long weekend without him. I love him and miss him when he's gone, but it was SUCH a help to have him spend time with Poppy, Cacky, Grandmama, AND Granddaddy this weekend! The break was nice and he thoroughly enjoys himself. And just because he has a busier social life than we do, he's carrying on the tour of grandparents next weekend and going to Papa and YaYa's house. Whew! He's a busy boy!

Eddie and I didn't do anything on Thursday night after I got home. It was late and I was wiped out. We watched Bridesmaids and it was HORRIBLE. It was ridiculous and not funny to us at all. And we don't mind trash! We liked the first Hangover. This one just pushed the limits of what should've been funny and it didn't work. Don't waste your money.

On Friday I spent the morning pulling things out of the nursery that don't belong in there. We'd made that the catch-all room over Christmas and it was WAY out of control. After I pulled everything out it was time for me to go and get my haircut. That took all afternoon! After I left there I ran by TJMaxx to see if there was ANY baby bedding, etc. (No luck.) And then Eddie and I had mexican for supper.

We came home and began the fun task of pulling everything out of the nursery closet and organizing what to keep, trash, give away, and what needed to be washed. That took a pretty good long time. We stayed up past midnight organizing.

As we went to bed I started feeling yucky. I've stayed pretty nauseated throughout this pregnancy so I thought maybe that was it. The longer I laid in bed, the worse I felt. I actually made Eddie get up and get me a phenergen and some water. I think I was pretty sick for about an hour before I finally fell asleep.

Because of the effects of that medicine, I slept until almost 10 on Saturday morning. I woke up feeling a LOT better and we accomplished a LOT on Saturday. Eddie moved James' curtains from the nursery to his big boy room, he hung curtains in the kitchen, and I must've done 1,000 loads of laundry and put them all away. I also worked on our bedroom which is typically the most neglected room in our house. We worked and worked and worked. There are several things we didn't get to - getting baby clothes out of the attic, putting the Christmas remnants into the attic, etc. - but for the most part we got a LOT done.

We headed out around 6:30 for dinner. I was a whiny pregnant person on Saturday night and didn't want to go anywhere that had a wait. But NOT fast food. That makes sense on Saturday, right? Ha. Fortunately, Eddie was patient with me. We wound up at Cracker Barrel (boring) but we were able to sit down immediately and it was nice to talk while we waited for our food. Afterwards, we ran a few errands and headed home. (Side story...we went to Old Navy after dinner and I was waddling through the store and a little boy caught my eye. He was alone so I had my eye on him as I looked around for a parent. I finally saw his dad round the corner and the dad looked at me and laughingly said, "Are you ready for that?" I told him I already had one so I was aware but since that child wasn't much older than a year I almost asked him if he was ready for what's heading his way in the next few months. Ha!)

After dinner we came home and watched The Help. Eddie had resisted watching it but said he really enjoyed it. I think he was worried it was too chick-flicky. Not so, my friend! If you haven't seen it - this is a winner!

Sunday morning we got up and went to church for the first time since the beginning of December! I struggled to make it through church and we didn't stay for Sunday School. I have definitely hit the uncomfortable stage of pregnancy. Sitting for long periods of time isn't fun for me. (Short waist = no room for baby to move around! I need to be able to stand and lay down and stretch out!)

After lunch, naps, a little tv, and some picking up, James came back home yesterday afternoon. He wasn't thrilled to be back home, but he's here. He was a grumpy grump last night and this morning but we've worked through some of that. He's worn big boy underwear since he first got up this morning and has only had one accident today. Unfortunately, it was a BIG accident - one that required a bath. He's in his bed now and is supposed to be sleeping but I'm watching him play. Guess I'll have to go in his room and reiterate what "nap" means.

Have a great week!

No comments: