Monday, September 29, 2014

We Survived!

The weekend has turned into the week and we are still here and trucking along. It was a BIG, busy, much-anticipated weekend around these parts and I am SO excited to share that it's done, we're in, and the house already feels like "ours."

Friday afternoon after school the boys ate lunch and napped, Eddie and a friend moved our washer and dryer and some other large things, and Mom and Kayla cleaned at our house. I hadn't anticipated cleaning on Friday before move-in day but the workers just weren't finished in time for me to get in sooner than that.

Late, late, late on Friday night (around 11:30pm) Eddie and I packed my SUV and headed north to Perry to spend the night one last time in our first house and meet the movers there bright and early on Saturday. They arrived around 7:30am and got right to work. In about 4 hours they had the entire house (sans curtains and a few little things here and there) packed into two moving trucks and were headed back to our new home.

Saturday afternoon was spent unloading trucks and deciding where to put things. I had a plan in my head for most of our things, but you know that doesn't always work out. MOST things in my plan fit. We're still working on arranging the den and my college sofa that was going in the boys' playroom doesn't work there so we're back to the drawing board on those things. However, MOST things work so I'm pleased with that.

Mom and Kayla worked all afternoon and unpacked the ENTIRE dining room. That is no small feat. I have a ton of serving pieces. I've been working pretty steadily on the kitchen. Unload a box, wash everything in it, put it away, repeat.

Sunday we made it to Sunday School and James had a birthday party so that ate into part of our day, but we still managed a little. Eddie has gotten the washer and dryer hooked up so we're cranking out load of laundry after load of laundry as well.

BIG thanks to Mrs. Bobby, Mr. Tommy, and Kelly. The boys spent the WHOLE weekend with them which was AWESOME since we didn't have to worry about them a bit. James stopped by for a visit on Saturday to check on the progress, but other than that we didn't see them. They were busy. They went to a movie night at the church on Friday and ran in a race (of course!) on Saturday. And I'm sure they kept Grandmama hopping with demands the rest of the time. Grandmamas do anything little boys want to do.

Eddie and I have stayed two nights in the new house. The boys joined us last night for their first night in a shared room! James said he slept GREAT! "Better than at the other house!" Hopefully that trend will continue. I still haven't decided what I'm going to do about napping, but nights are more important anyway.

We have a BUSY week ahead. I've tried to say NO to most commitments this week but there are a few that have to be done. Otherwise I'll be here trying to get things organized!


Unknown said...

Moving is so stressful. The house looks great so far. I'm sure you have so many ideas for that pretty mantle! Just take it easy, place out the essentials first and the rest will follow!

Meggie said...

Congratulations! I know you are thrilled, busy, and exhausted all at once! So happy for y'all!!

Simply LKJ said...

I know you are glad to have that behind you. Hope you get settled in soon.