Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Weekend Update...

We had one of the best weekends we've had in a long time! We had just one thing going on each day and we were able to enjoy the whole weekend!

To those of you who have husbands, fathers, sons, daughters, grandfathers, etc. who have been involved in our military in some capacity, thank you, thank you, thank you. We don't say it enough and one weekend isn't nearly long enough to say thank you. I know that I need to be better about remembering how blessed I am!

On Friday I decided to work on SCRUBBING the house. I did get a lot done during naptimes, but not as much as I'd hoped. Regardless, because I was in a cleaning frame-of-mind, I requested that Eddie pick up Mexican food for supper. Mmm, mmm, mmm. I love restaurant take-out and Eddie hates it, so he must like me.

To give you a peanut allergy update, during dinner our pediatrician called. (Who works on Friday night at 7:30??? Points for him, though!) He said he'd been trying to figure out how to test for peanut allergies without doing a blood test. (I'll stop here to ask those of you who are knowledgable of allergies - can they do a skin test for peanut allergies? He made it sound as though blood tests were the only way to determine. I just want to be sure...) Anyway, long story short, our insurance only covers one place in town for bloodwork. We really need to be able to go to the hospital for the test because they're better equipped to handle pediatric patients. SO...Eddie will be talking with our insurance company this week to see what they'll say. I just want to know something.

Friday night Eddie and I watched Date Night with Tina Fey. It was sort of cute, sort of silly. I enjoyed it, but it won't be one I watch over and over!

Saturday Eddie did yardwork (the stars aligned for him and he had a free weekend and a working chainsaw all at once so the tree that fell in APRIL has been taken care of. Poor Eddie has had so much going on because of things that I am involved in. He needs a vacation.) and I stayed inside with James.

Saturday night we went to the Rhodes' house to have dinner with them and the Willis-es. :) They have boys that are all between 4-8 and James has really started wanting to do everything they're doing. Mrs. Amy was sweet and got in the pool with James so he was a happy boy!

Sunday afternoon my sweet baby cousin, Susana, came over to babysit James. She's almost 14 and I think it was her first time to babysit! She was so excited! I'd bought a Groupon to use for $9 Fandango movie tickets so Eddie and I went to see The Hangover 2. It was hilarious if you like crude humor. If you don't like it, avoid that movie at all costs. I thought it was funny, but it was definitely the same formula from the first movie, just set in a different place. I just enjoyed my movie popcorn, fountain Diet Coke, and actually seeing a movie! I think it needs to happen once a month! Susana said that James was good (I hope that he was). He fell asleep while she was there and she said she just held him and rocked him. So sweet!

Susana's mama (my first cousin, Diane - her mama and my daddy are brother and sister) stayed fairly close to our house the whole time we were gone. She came back by to pick Susana up and we wound up visiting for well over an hour. It was so much fun to sit and talk to them!

On Monday morning Eddie had some work to get done. He's almost finished with his leadership class (HALLELUJAH!) but he had to turn in his homework even though it was a holiday. Argh. Oh well. We left our house around 11 to head to Lake Blackshear for the day. James was a little bit of a toot (especially showing his butt with me), but it was a fun day overall. James swam with Eddie and Granddaddy, Kelly and I laid out (although she's about 100 shades darker than my pale self), and Grandmama sat and chatted, fixed lunch for us, watched James, chased dogs, and tried to talk all of us into riding the jetski. It was HOT outside yesterday. So hot, in fact, that I actually got into the lake. I don't think I've done that in about 3 years. I also haven't ridden the jetski since the summer of '08. Maybe I should've ridden yesterday!

Today was back to the usually hustle and bustle. And it's going to be a busy week for us! I have sewing and book club this week so the boys are going to be on their own a good bit. I hope that you all enjoyed your Memorial Day weekend, too!

No comments: