Monday, October 19, 2009

40 Weeks...The LAST Update!


I have spent the last 24 hours feeling REALLY, REALLY crummy! Eddie and I went to see Couples Retreat yesterday. It was a fantastic choice for my comedy-loving husband. He laughed the WHOLE time. It was totally embarrassing! With about 15 minutes left in the movie I started feeling horrible. I was hot, nauseated, and my stomach was hurting badly. Contractions? What's the deal? We flew out of the movie when it was over and came home immediately.

I spent the rest of the evening laying on the sofa feeling like I was going to throw up. Yuck. I was up and down all night long. Couldn't find the anti-nausea medicine that I was prescribed in my first trimester. I've never taken it and it's lost. I was up for a long stretch between 3 and 5. I never got sick but it might've been better!

When Eddie left this morning I went ahead and got up again. Still didn't feel well. I had toast for breakfast this morning. I didn't think anything else would be good on my tummy. I spent the morning doing a little picking up around here, a little playing on the internet, and a lot of laying around. I took a nap from 10-11.

I fixed some soup for lunch and ate the noodles out of it. I probably didn't even eat half. After I finished I had to get up and get into the shower to get ready for my appointment at 1:45.

We saw Dr. W. again today. She checked me again and good gracious hallelujah, I'd made progress! I am 1 centimeter dilated and 50% effaced. My blood pressure was 128/82 and The Boy's heartrate was 130-ish (I think). I've actually lost 1 pound from last week. Total weight gain according to the doctor's office: 24 pounds. Not too shabby!

We have decided to go with an elective induction. Since I've been feeling so crummy and yucky I'm ready to get this show on the road! We're going into the hospital tonight at 8 to start Cervidil. Hopefully that will go smoothly and MAYBE we'll be able to sleep tonight. *Fingers crossed!* Tomorrow they're going to start Pitocin around 6 am. Dr. W. said she'd be in to check on me around 7. Hopefully we'll have a baby boy by lunchtime (or soon thereafter) tomorrow!

I'm feeling pretty calm so far. I'm hoping that my tummy will hold out and I won't continue to be sick for the rest of the evening. I AM feeling better this afternoon. I've gotten some cleaning done around here at least! I think Eddie is a little more nervous than I am. We're just both so hesitant about all of this since we've never been through it before. I've never even been a hospital patient before! It'll be a first! We know a little of what to expect, but since everyone is different there's no way to really know.

I'd love to say that I'll update again on here (if only so that I don't forget it all later), but I'm not sure how things will go. Hopefully we'll have a HEALTHY baby tomorrow afternoon and will be back home on Wednesday or Thursday. Pray for us if you think about it! We appreciate all of the kind thoughts that we've received over the past weeks and months! We can't wait to celebrate with all of you!!!

No comments: